Registration now open with more flexibility and choices for IELTS candidates
Our test centres have now reopened with extra health and safety precautions in place. Check our updated schedule below that offers more test dates for IELTS on computer or paper.
You can continue to prepare for IELTS by using our free online preparation resources.
Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.).
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||€209.00||Find a test date
IELTS Academic and General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper)
|€232.00||Find a test date
IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre
|€170.00||Find a test date
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (National ID for EU citizens or Passport for Non-EU citizens) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Also, make sure that your signature is clearly shown on the identification document. In the absence of holder's signature field, please sign the copy of your identification document before you upload it. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note you have to provide the same document on the day of the examination.
- There are limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register two months before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability. Please make sure you select the correct venue, as you may not be able to be transferred to another venue once registered.
- Pay for your test. The cost of taking the IELTS test is €209.00, excluding any bank charges. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system, bank deposit or via bank transfer. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS Reference number (A3-CY006-S-XXXXXXX) / family name / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise your application will not be confirmed.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.
Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system at https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/cyprus and check that ‘British Council’ is spelt correctly.