Registration now open with more flexibility and choices for IELTS candidates
Our test centres have now reopened with extra health and safety precautions in place. Check our updated schedule below that offers more test dates for computer-delivered and paper-based IELTS.
You can continue to prepare for IELTS by using our free online preparation resources.
The British Council in Cyprus offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based and computer-delivered test||€207.00||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||€230.00||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||€165.00||Book now
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (National ID for EU citizens or Passport for Non-EU citizens) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Also, make sure that your signature is clearly shown on the identification document. In the absence of holder's signature field, please sign the copy of your identification document before you upload it. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note you have to provide the same document on the day of the examination.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- There are limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register two months before your chosen test date. Of course, places may be available after this date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability. Please make sure you select the correct venue, as you may not be able to be transferred to another venue once registered.
- Pay for your test. The cost of taking the IELTS test is €207.00 (as of 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020), excluding any bank charges. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system, bank deposit or via bank transfer. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS Reference number (CY006-XXXXX-XXXX) / family name / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com otherwise your application will not be confirmed.
Once your booking is complete
You will receive a confirmation email approximately seven days before the test date, giving you the start time of your Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system at https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/cyprus and check that ‘British Council’ is spelt correctly.