The purpose of our new online training courses is to provide a practical and professional training programme for those whose role is to recommend the UK as a study destination to international students.
The British Council’s UK agent and counsellor training and engagement hub is designed to equip school counsellors, college counsellors, teachers and education agents with the knowledge to become a professional and fully certified British Council Agent or Counsellor.
The training programme reflects the changing context around UK education for international students and education industry trends. All the courses have been written by the British Council’s experienced team of experts and the suite consists of multiple levels of self-study courses providing career progression.
The programme provides up-to-date information on visa and immigration regulations to support UK institutions’ international student recruitment into the UK and enables agents and counsellors to understand the different education and qualification requirements.
The flexible and user-friendly training supports professional development by providing continued learning at multiple levels of high-quality study. The interactive and engaging content will enable participants, in any location with internet access, to complete the training when it best suits them and can be conveniently accessed on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
The training suite covers:
- the UK education and training system, courses and qualifications at each level
- the attractions for students considering studying and living in the UK
- student lifestyle issues – living costs, travel and accommodation
- quality assurance mechanisms and how they operate
- course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures and standard entry requirements; visa and immigration regulations
- professionalism and ethical behaviour
- working with UK institutions and academic readiness
- visa and immigration compliance for UK institutions and students
- GDPR and intellectual property
- child safeguarding
The training programme is free of charge.