Our online IELTS teacher training workshops are aimed at teachers in institutions who are preparing students for the Academic and General Training modules of the IELTS test. The workshops are delivered by one of our own specialist IELTS teacher trainers and can be adapted to meet the needs of both native and non-native English teachers.
The workshops provide participants with a brief overview of the IELTS test including the test format. This is followed by an analysis of the main features of each paper, focusing on those aspects which students may find more difficult
Each skill workshop takes 2 hours and the full series will be offered as a 10-hour course over 5 days. The workshops involve active participation by teachers and provide participants with a good understanding of the key format and requirements of each paper and practical classroom activities to improve their students’ skills, strategies and performance in the test.
The workshops are delivered on Zoom for a maximum of 12 teachers, by registration only. Participants should be familiar with the basic actions on Zoom – audio, video, mute and un-mute, chat function and hand raise function before joining a workshop.
Who is it for?
- Teachers who have just started or are about to start doing IELTS preparation classes
- Teachers who have taught IELTS preparation classes, but do not feel up to date with the information.
To find out more about the learning aims of the workshops, please read the 'Learning Aims Introductory IELTS Workshops' document found in the downloads section below.
Book your place in our upcoming workshops
|Skill workshop||Date||Time (AM - Cyprus Time)||Registration Status||Registration Link|
|Writing Task 1||Tuesday, 19 April 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed||
You can register for more than one skill workshop
|Writing Task 2||Wednesday, 20 April 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed|
|Speaking||Wednesday, 18 May 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed|
|Reading||Friday, 17 June 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed|
|Writing Task 1||Wednesday, 12 October 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed|
|Writing Task 2||Friday, 14 October 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Completed|
|Full series workshop (offered as a 10-hour course over 5 days)|
|Overview + Listening||Monday, 5 December 2022||10.30 - 12.30||Available||>> Click here to register for the full series workshop|
|Writing Task 1||Tuesday, 6 December 2022||10.30 - 12.30|
|Writing Task 2||Wednesday, 7 December 2022||10.30 - 12.30|
|Reading||Friday, 9 December 2022||10.30 - 12.30|
|Speaking + resources||Saturday, 10 December 2022||10.30 - 12.30|
- All our partners enrolled in either the British Council Partner Schools or the Addvantage scheme, are eligible to participate for free as part of their loyalty scheme benefits
- Each skill workshop (2 hours) costs 30 Euro
- The full series (offered as a 10-hour course over 5 days) costs 80 Euro.
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Once you register, you will be sent the payment instructions as to finalise your registration and confirm your participation
- Non-attendance at a workshop does not constitute withdrawal and no refund or transfer is applicable.