Are you 18–35? Do you want to find out about social enterprises/co-operatives and how they make a positive contribution to the environment and peacebuilding?
Join us at an interactive workshop on Thursday 11 November 2021 (18.00–20.00) at the Base by CyprusInno (next to the Ledra Palace Hotel in Nicosia).
About the workshop
In collaboration with UNFICYP (United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus), we are organising a workshop for youth on the environment and peace through the lens of social entrepreneurship. The workshop is part of our COOPower project and is co-funded by the European Union.
Using interactive methods, the two-hour workshop will act as a quick introduction to the basic elements of social entrepreneurship, its principles and values, and how the sector can be an alternative career choice for young people interested in making a positive impact on their communities. This is a chance to learn more about social enterprises, their impact and how they work across Cyprus. Participation is free.
The workshop will be in English.
What you will get:
- an introduction to the basic elements of social enterprises, co-operatives and social economy
- good practice examples from Cyprus and abroad of work on peace and the environment
- an interactive session tackling a challenge
- the opportunity to meet new people and to network
- coffee and snacks.
The workshop is open to people aged 18–35 from all communities living across Cyprus.
Complete the online registration form by Wednesday 10 November 2021.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Health and safety
The activity will follow all Covid-19 safety protocols as set by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Cyprus and UNFICYP for premises located in the Ledra Palace Hotel area.
Please note: To attend, you are required to show proof of a negative rapid antigen or PCR test taken in the past 72 hours, regardless of vaccination status or proof of recovery from Covid-19 in the past six months.
Together the with test result, please bring a SafePass/Ada Pass certificate that can include one of the following:
- a vaccination certificate (with any of the vaccines used in the Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot communities) with at least one dose, provided that three weeks have elapsed from the date of vaccination
- proof of recovery from Covid-19 in the past six months
- a negative rapid antigen or PCR test taken in the past 72 hours.
The activity is taking place in the Nicosia Buffer Zone, so please bring proof of identification (ID or Passport) and a SafePass/Ada Pass in order to cross the checkpoints.
For further information, contact Marilena Kyriakou by email at Marilena.Kyriakou@cy.britishcouncil.org or by phone on +357 99324110.