Language learning can be a long process so it is important for teachers to provide enjoyable, effective and rewarding opportunities to young learners. Through Cambridge Assessment English, young learners aged 6-12, are given a head start in English and are provided with a strong foundation and learning framework that enables them to gain confidence and improve their English language skills in every step of the way. It is therefore essential for teachers to gain insight on how to lay the foundations for their students’ future success in English.
The webinars will provide participants with a brief overview of Cambridge Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers exams including the test format. A detailed analysis of the main features of each part of the exams will follow focusing on Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing, the assessment criteria as well as information on a range of materials and resources to help teachers prepare students for Cambridge English Qualifications.
Each webinar will take 2 hours and will involve active participation by teachers who will be provided with practical classroom activities, ideas and resources to boost their students’ language skills and improve their performance in exams.
- Reading and Writing | Wednesday, 6 July 2022 - 10.00 -12.00
- Listening and Speaking | Thursday, 7 July 2022 - 10.00 -12.00
By the end of the webinars the teacher participants will be:
- familiar with the format of Cambridge English Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers exams
- familiar with the marking criteria of Cambridge English Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers exams
- able to use a number of fun and motivating classroom activities to improve their students’ Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing skills
Who is it for?
- Teachers who have just started or are about to start working with Cambridge English
- Teachers who have experience with Cambridge Qualifications but want to keep up to date with the latest developments in English language, teaching, learning and assessment and find out everything they need to know about Pre A1 Starters, A1 Movers and A2 Flyers exams.
A few words about the presenter, Elena Kaourani
Elena has a BA in English Language and Literature (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens) and an MA in Education Sciences: Educational Leadership and Administration (University of Nicosia). She is currently a PhD Student at the Department of English Studies of the University of Cyprus. Her area of research is related to Active Learning, Teaching and Assessment. She has been teaching English as a Second Language at various levels for over 17 years, she has extensive experience with CEQ and she has been a teacher Trainer since 2018. Her area of expertise is teaching English through Active Learning techniques.