In this session we will focus on the skills of listening and speaking, and we will look at the following in detail:
- Evaluating listening and speaking in the classroom
- Developing listening and speaking skills in order to prepare for A2 Key and B1 Preliminary tests
- How the two skills are tested at A2 and B1 levels
- Different task types and the skills required to complete them
- The usefulness of Cambridge English Listening and Speaking Assessment Scales as a tool for describing and analysing specific aspects of language
- Similarities and differences across exams
- Practical ideas for developing listening and speaking skills
This webinar is aimed at:
- New and experienced teachers, who are interested in the assessment of listening and speaking
- Teachers who are preparing their students for Cambridge A2 Key and/or B1 Preliminary tests
- Directors of Studies and Exams Officers
- Participants who may have attended other British Council seminars on Cambridge English Qualifications before.
Available webinar sessions
There are two options to choose the best one depending on your availability. Each webinar will have a 45 minute presentation and then 15 minutes will be allowed for questions and discussion.
- Option 1: Monday, 15 November 2021 at 17.30 - 18.30 Cyprus (GMT+2)
- Option 2: Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 11.30 - 12.30 Cyprus (GMT+2)
The webinars will be delivered by Akis Panayi. Akis, is a classroom teacher of English. He is also a Cambridge presenter who hosts popular teacher-training workshops and seminars worldwide. He is an examiner for Cambridge English Qualifications and a Cambridge IGCSE FLE and ESL examiner. He is an ELT materials writer and editor. He writes articles on language and linguistics which are published in newspapers.