The pre-departure briefing is an annual event organised by the British Council for students who have received an offer from UK institutions.
The briefings cover:
- assessment methods, what to expect in a lecture, a seminar, a tutorial and a workshop
- organisations that can help and advise you during your stay in the UK
- tips for preparing for your journey, travelling to your destination, banking and accommodation.
The briefing aims to help to prepare you for your stay and studies in the UK. Participants will also have a chance to meet UK alumni from various institutions.
When is the next briefing?
Studying at a University is definitely different from school! British Council is giving you a unique opportunity to make the most of your time at a UK university and prepare you for your studies and life in the UK!
Join us and find out everything you need for a successful university life!
This year the seminar has been especially designed to help you find out about:
- Different aspects of academic life in the UK
- Skills needed for an effective study to prepare you for what to expect during your studies.
- Teaching and learning information at UK institutions, assessment methods and information on what to expect in a lecture, a seminar, a tutorial and a workshop.
- Practical information on preparing for your journey, tips on travelling to your destination.
- Organisations that can help and advise you during your stay in the UK as well as banking and accommodation.
Note down the date; Thursday 4 August 2017 from 17.30-20.30 at Centrum Hotel, Nicosia
Participation fee : EUR 15 per student accompanied by a parent.
For more information and reservations contact Stella Petrou, T 22585273.